Upper Thames Sailing Club is committed to equality of opportunity and aims to ensure that all present and potential participants, members, instructors, coaches, competitors, officials, volunteers and employees are treated fairly and on an equal basis, irrespective of sex, age, disability, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, marriage and civil partnership, gender reassignment or social status.
· To ensure boating is accessible and attractive to the widest audience.
· To increase the diversity of our Instructors, Coaches and Race Officials
· To identify and promote more role models at all levels from under-represented groups, including women and girls, people from BAME backgrounds and LGBT+ people.
· To attract new participants from under-represented groups through targeted initiatives.
· To maintain the Advanced level of the Equality Standard for Sport.
· Upper Thames Sailing Club recognises the RYAs encouragement to its affiliated clubs and organisations, recognised training centres and other stakeholders to adopt similar policies, so that they offer an experience to participants that is friendly, welcoming and open to all.
· Appointments to voluntary or paid positions within Upper Thames Sailing Club will be made on the basis of an individuals knowledge, skills and experience and the competences required for the role.
·; Upper Thames Sailing Club will develop further policies for specific subject areas where appropriate (eg. instructing, race officials).
· Upper Thames Sailing Club reserves the right to discipline any of its members, qualification holders, appointees, volunteers, or employees who practise any form of discrimination in breach of this policy, in line with the relevant regulations, rules, codes of conduct and disciplinary procedures.
· The effectiveness of this policy will be monitored and evaluated on an ongoing basis by the General Committee in conjunction with the Principle Trainer and Club Welfare Officer and refer when necessary to the RYA Safeguarding and Equality Manager reporting to the RYA Board and the Sports Council Equality Group.
· Upper Thames Sailing Club will, wherever possible, enable disabled member participation, making reasonable adjustments if practicable.
Last updated 15:17 on 2 April 2021