Initial Phase Reopening
Published 21:54 on 19 May 2020
In line with the guidance from the UK Government, RYA and the Environment Agency the General Committee has decided that the sailing club can open for informal sailing and this can start from Wednesday 20th May 2020.
To assist you in staying safe whilst sailing please follow the guidance:
Informal sailing means that you can launch, sail, and recover your boat. It does not mean that you can remain on the club grounds for gatherings or other social activities
- Social distancing rules apply at all times
- Continue to wash your hands regularly - hand sanitisers have been purchased and will be available at certain points within the club grounds and use the outside sink
- Consider bringing your own hand sanitisers to the club along with disinfectant spray to clean areas that you have touched
- The club house and changing rooms will remain closed and off limits for the time being
- Club boats can not be used at this time
- Safety boats can not be used at this time
- Only members from the same household can sail together in the same boat
- You must be able to launch and recover your boat without the need of assistance from members who are not from your household
- Allow space and time to launch and recover boats without encroaching on others
- When rigging your boat maintain the appropriate distance from the general public using the tow path
- It is the skippers' responsibility to carry out a risk assessment to decide whether they can sail in the presenting conditions safely
- If you attend the club and it is exceptionally busy apply common sense and consider sailing at another time.
The railway crossing may be used but please be aware that they are locked with combination padlocks - please keep these locked at all times.
The crossing must be used in accordance with existing rules - STOP LOOK AND LISTEN
We are working on a process to allow boat maintenance within the boat houses and this will be finalised in the next few days. Checking your boats and boat maintenance outside is permitted
Track and Trace
We are introducing an attendance recording process for the purposes of Track and Trace. When you attend the club you must record your attendance using the following email address - email@example.com
Please put in the subject line the day/month/year of attendance
Should you experience symptoms of the virus within 14 days from attending the club please notify us using the same email address. Please put in the subject line 'Symptoms Suspected' so we can inform others who attend at the same time to get checked
The General Committee and the Sailing and House Committees are progressing further risks assessments to allow more activities as and when it is safe to do so.
Enjoy the river and stay safe,
Last updated 21:54 on 19 May 2020